Thursday 15 January 2015

Glitter In The Air - Urban Outfitters 'Emperor' Nail Varnish

Urban Outfitters 'Emperor' Nail Varnish

Urban Outfitters 'Emperor' Nail Varnish

Urban Outfitters 'Emperor' Nail Varnish

Urban Outfitters 'Emperor' Nail Varnish

Just because the Christmas and New Year's parties are over and done with doesn't mean we have to pack the sequins away for another year. Oh no no. In fact I intend to involve sparkles a lot more in my day-to-day looks. I'm kind of failing at introducing colour to my wardrobe, so I'm hoping some glitter here and there will add a bit of pazazz to the Grim Reaper look I've been adopting as of late.  

One way in which I'm slowly introducing the shine to my very matte sense of style is through nail varnish. I did a really easy and sparkly Christmas Party Nail Tutorial as part of blogmas, and received this nail varnish for Christmas. I now have quite a big glitter polish collection, and although they're a bugger to get off, they seem to be my go-to if I want my nails to stand out.  

I'd never tried Urban Outfitters nail varnish before. In fact, I didn't even know they did it. 

This is basically me in a bottle. It's called Emperor and it's grungey yet feminine at the same time. Emperor is such an appropriate name. The pink is a royal, jewel tone, which contrasts magnificently with the dense black. 

I've has so many compliments on it, and it works with both evening and day-time looks. 

So if like me your struggling to find your colourful self this season, turn to nail varnish as a way of sneaking it in without feeling out of your comfort zone. 


6 comments :

  1. this is beautiful nailpolish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Shame it's such a bugger to get off haha x x x

      Delete
  2. Amen to sparkles all year round, this nail varnish is beauutfiul. I'm liking the idea of a sequined grim reaper too <3

    The Quirky Queer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that may be my next Halloween costume x x x

      Delete
  3. i absolutely love the effect of this! great colours x

    // The Dress Diaries

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it eye catching? Going to check if they have it in other colours. I think a green and black would be awesome x x x

      Delete