Wednesday 24 December 2014

Blogmas Day 24: Alternative Xmas Playlist


I love the atmosphere of Christmas, I really do. It's a holiday where your senses are alive with the sights, the smells, the tastes and of course the sounds. 

For me, I'm getting a little bit tired of hearing the same Christmas songs year on year. I find it really sad that for as long as I can remember, the Christmas No.1 spot has been dominated by X Factor garbage, with no one even trying to bring something new to the table (and no, the new Band Aid song doesn't count). 

However, the lack of new Christmas material doesn't mean we have to sit listening Slade on repeat. 

Here's a selection of some of my favourite Christmas songs that don't quite fit the cliche Christmas mold, but help me get in the festive mood all the same. 

Carol of the Bells (Rout Remix)



Amy Winehouse - I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Clause


Blink 182 - I Won't Be Home for Christmas 

The Killers - Don't Shoot Me Santa


Julian Casablancas - I Wish It Was Christmas Today


The Yeah Yeah Yeahs - All I Want For Christmas 


Bruce Springstein - Santa Clause is Coming to Town


Florence & the Machine - Last Christmas


The Futureheads - Christmas was Better in the 80s


The Crookes - It's Just Not Christmas Without You


The Wombats - Is This Christmas?

Fall Out Boy - What's This?

The Ramones - Merry Christmas (I Don't Want to Fight Tonight)

My Chemical Romance - All I Want for Christmas is You




No comments :

Post a Comment